Corn is in season and not only is it delicious but it is packed full of nutrients. Health benefits of corn include controlling diabetes, prevention of heart ailments, lowering hyper-tension, and prevention of neural-tube defects at birth.
Corn is also rich in Vitamins A,B,E and many minerals. Its high fiber content makes for prevention of digestive ailments like constipation and hemorrhoids as well as colorectal cancer. The antioxidants presented in corn also act as an anti-cancer agent and prevent Alzheimer’s disease.
This recipe is healthy, delicious and super easy to make. Hope you enjoy!!
Serves 6 people
- 2 cans (15 ounces) of black beans drained and rinsed with water
- 1 1/2 cup fresh roasted corn or frozen
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 avocado peeled, pitted and diced
- 2 medium tomatoes,chopped
- 6 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
Directions: Add all ingredients together in a salad bowl and toss.